Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Tommy Lopes & the CV American Newspaper



Even when I no longer lived in New Bedford I received a copy of the Cape Verde News. This was because my aunt would buy me a subscription every year.  I still, fortunately,have some copies of the paper. I will check with the New Bedford Public Library to see if they have an archives there.  The paper was informative on so many levels:  social - death notices - news from the islands - who was doing what in the community - public notices (for instance this issue had a notice that the State of Mass was in need of foster parents). 

These obits are from the CVNews that I still have in my possession


Jose P. "Djedje" Gomes
 
Anthony Pina
Maria M. "Bia" Oliveira Goncalves
 
 
 
Mary J. Semedo
wife of Antonio T. Semedo
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment