Friday, August 23, 2019

NEW BEDFORD: Our Lady of the Assumption (OLOA) Catholic Church & Convent House

 
This house had a lot of meaning for me as a child because I spent some time there.  During my summer visit with my gram she took ill and had to go to the hospital.  My aunt was working. So I stayed at the convent with the nuns - I think including Mother Faith but she may not have been there yet.  I fell in love with the nuns in their beautiful royal blue habits.  One sat on a stool and played the guitar.  I thought they were all beautiful and nice.  Even though I wasn't Catholic they taught me how to light candles - especially for my gram's health.  Even though I am no longer religious I still love these rituals. 
 
 
This little statue is on the stairs of the convent/parish house.  If you look at the photo above you can see it on the right hand side. 
 
 
 
 
This is the inside of OLOA church after mass around 2017.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment