Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Example of Ship Manifests - Sao Nicolau to New Bedford - my gram was on this ship.


This is an example of a second page.  It gives the race, where the person was from, who the person left behind and the final destination of the person.  The word "idem" means same as above - we would say ditto.  This is the second page of my gram's manifest and you can see that she is African, speaks Portuguese, is from Sao Nicolau, left behind Antonia R. Encarnacao (who I know was her sister Antonia Rosa and this sister was an amputee).  Her final destination is New Bedford. 

The below page shows that my gram's passage was paid by her "brother" although she did not have a brother.  She is going to live with Ana Rosa de Brito at 97 South Second Street in New Bedford.  She has an uncertain purpose about why she came to the US. 




This is my gramp's manifest. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment